Excavations in Sichem (Nablus, Palestine) and related images
Tell Balata, now part of Nablus, was identified as the biblical city Sichem or Shekhem. Excavations took place from 1914 until the 1950’s. Prof. Böhl was a staff member at the excavations led by Sellin in 1926 and 1927. Much of the documentation of the early German excavations did not survive WWII. This makes Prof. Böhl’s material even more valuable. A few images are from campaigns in which Prof. Böhl did not participate, or from sights in the direct surroundings.